The Monkfish & lime Marmalade.
- 2 (225g) fillets monkfish
- 2 tablespoons Naked Jam’s lime marmalade
- 1 tablespoon chopped root ginger
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- Place the monkfish onto tin foil. In a bowl, whisk together the lime marmalade, root ginger and soy sauce. Pour the marinade over the fish and with another sheet of tin foil, fold the edges to form a parcel. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a shallow baking dish with the rapeseed oil.
- Transfer the fish and marinade to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until the flesh turns white and flakes
- Served on a bed of salad with or with crushed new potatoes and fresh wilted greens.
- Wine choose something like the Mâcon-Vergisson, La Roche, Nadine et Maurice Guerrin 2010.
Buck naked Martini(served at the White Buck Burley)
- A shot of a citrus flavour vodka
- ½ shot of Elderflower syrup
- 2 teaspoons of naked Strawberry Jam,
So season’s sprung early, the pan went on and the next time I look up, it’s September ! So for a very, very quick catch up on the last few months, here goes:
Spring started with a hop and a skip into the Marmalade Awards and I was very lucky to win a Silver Award for my Organic Marmalade at this wonderful festival. This world class award is not only open to working marmalade makers, it’s open to everyone so please take a look and support it by entering it’s great fun so go on and give it a go http://www.dalemainmarmaladeawards.co.uk/
Sad times were then to follow, the world’s greatest cook, my inspiration, my mom passed away in my arms. A difficult, and very heart breaking time. It all happened around the time I was filmed for Home Comforts with James Martin, sadly she missed it by just two days! She loved watching James Martin and I am only hoping that she got to see it from above! If you haven’t seen it check it out here /www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Qar-zphvc. I sat and watched it when it was aired on TV drinking champagne from jam jars with friends
I filled the rest of the days making Jam and fitted in a few other activities which included a jam cocktail master class at The White Buck in Burley along with Conker Gin and Belinda Clarke marshmallows. I also spent a delightful afternoon at Sparsholt food festival giving a jam workshop and managed to fit in the New Forest Show and Carfest as well. To Round off nicely, I was lucky enough to be invited on a fascinating garden tour of the Chewton Glen with Darren and Anne-some of the best gardener’s I know www.chewtonglen.com
So, what’s next? Lunch on the 12th September with the wonderful Dining Divas at the Captains Club Hotel all in aid of a very special charity Oakhaven Hospice www.oakhavenhospice.co.uk