Jam it’s not just for toast!Dinning Divas, what a super event, well organized with lots of wonderful friendly people. And of course a wonderful lunch served in the beautiful function room at the Captains Club Christchurch. If you’re never book one of these events may I suggest that you do and do it soon. The next luncheon is on the 7th of November at the wonderful Chewton Glen, Guest Speaker Diana Moran of ‘Green Goddess’ fame.Contact Paula Cheshire 01590 613026 or firstname.lastname@example.org So I would just like to thank the Dinning Divas ladies for making me feel part of the family. During our little chat I mentioned a few different ideas to eat your jam, so as promised ladies, the recipes.
The Monkfish & lime Marmalade.
- 2 (225g) fillets monkfish
- 2 tablespoons Naked Jam’s lime marmalade
- 1 tablespoon chopped root ginger
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- Place the monkfish onto tin foil. In a bowl, whisk together the lime marmalade, root ginger and soy sauce. Pour the marinade over the fish and with another sheet of tin foil, fold the edges to form a parcel. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a shallow baking dish with the rapeseed oil.
- Transfer the fish and marinade to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until the flesh turns white and flakes
- Served on a bed of salad with or with crushed new potatoes and fresh wilted greens.
- Wine choose something like the Mâcon-Vergisson, La Roche, Nadine et Maurice Guerrin 2010.
Buck naked Martini(served at the White Buck Burley)
- A shot of a citrus flavour vodka
- ½ shot of Elderflower syrup
- 2 teaspoons of naked Strawberry Jam,